So, you want to know more about me?
1. What’s your name? Rebekah
2. Where are you from? Grew up in Washington State, moved to Oklahoma for graduate school, then lived in the Marshall Islands for two years as a contract meteorologist on Kwajalein Atoll US Army Base
3. What’s your occupation? Meteorologist (weather forecaster). Moved to Wellington, New Zealand in August 2013 to work for MetService, New Zealand’s national weather service
4. What are some of your hobbies? Many and diverse…storm chasing, scuba diving, hiking, fishing, photography, star gazing, stamp collecting, bluegrass banjo picking, reading books, watching sports (baseball, American football, and hockey being my favorites), and of course traveling. I do love a good road trip, with the music cranked up high!
5. What’s your favorite kind of weather? Thunderstorms, of course! I also do enjoy a good snow storm provided I don’t have to be anywhere in a hurry.
You can also visit my main storm chasing page (though a bit out of date…one of these days I hope to get around to doing some remodeling over there), Green Sky Chaser, for more on mainly my chasing adventures and photos. My weather blog is also linked to that webpage (as well as my Kwajalein blog), though it also hasn’t been updated in a while either.
Also please note that all photos on this blog (and all my sites), both with and without the ugly copyright watermarks, are mine unless otherwise noted.
Thanks for visiting!